I was thinking about Project #6 - Personal Color Bracelets and what you can do if you don't have any beads at your house. You can make your own!
Materials - Colorful recycled paper (old magazines or calendars work well), scissors, a pencil, glue
1. Cut paper into long strips. They can be rectangular, but a long triangle looks best.
2. To make each bead, roll a strip of paper around your pencil with the colorful side outward facing.
3. Add glue in the final inch or so to hold the bead's shape.
4. Count for 10-20 seconds to let the glue dry.
5. Once you have several beads made, you are ready to make bracelets, or even necklaces.
Optional step - You could put a shiny finish onto the beads using watered down glue or an acrylic varnish.
Inspiration - A group of women who live in Uganda work together in a collective business using recycled paper to make beautiful paper beads and jewelry. You can see them working at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNnEIKHQmh0